Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zzuk

How to compile and setup the ZzukBot v3 source code

3 posts in this topic

Why you should take a look at ZzukBot 3

1.12.1 WoW is the perfect target to learn how to manipulate and hack other processes: While Blizzard doesnt support this patch anymore there are a lot of projects which aim to support older patches including 1.12.1. This means that you can pick up this source and learn from it in your own pace since the game client wont change anymore. Moreover you can test and run the project as long as those projects exist - many old sources arent useable anymore because they target not emulated patches of WoW and can only be understood by reading instead of actively debugging/running them.

Why go open source?

• Bring in some fresh air
  • Meet new interesting people to work with (Join my Discord)
  • I lack time to support a commercial project (take a look at Betterbot or WRobot for this)
  • Give back

You can also help me!

The first version of the bot can stil be used for 2€ a month (the version described here is completely free). If you like to assist me you could for example setup a subscription. Otherwise I am glad for everyone who contributes to the project: Join my Discord, fork the project, submit new commits and help create something awesome :)

Some pearls of the bot

• Warden Mem/Pagescan bypass
  • Hook NtVirtualQueryMemory aswell Module32First/Next to hide my modules
  • Unlink from PEB aswell Erase PE Header in managed code
  • Pathfinding ripped from CMangos
  • API to interact with nearly every aspect of the game
  • MEF Extension API

How to setup the source?

• Get mmaps, install dependencies (Follow this guide). Instead of downloading the bot from the link provided in the linked thread you will however use your own compiled version.
  • Get Visual Studio 2017 and optionally Cheat Engine, OllyDbg, IDA, x64dbg
  • Get 1.12.1 WoW and find a project to play on (Kronos, Vanillagaming, Elysium etc.)
  • Register in this forum (needed for authentication)
  • Clone the repository from here (https://github.com/Zz9uk3/ZzukBot_V3)
  • Open up the repository. You should see the following projects:
    • BXX7TYK.png
  • Switch the solution to debug and set BotLauncher as start project:
    • SPPyGKO.png
  • Build the projects in the following order: Loader, Navigation, ZzukBot_WPF, BotLauncher
  • Now you have everything required inside the Release folder (ZzukBot_V3\Release)
  • Run 1.12.1 WoW.exe standalone and turn down all graphics to minimum and enable windowed mode. Exit the game with a logout to save settings.
  • Run the BotLauncher.exe insde the release folder and select the previously started 1.12.1 WoW.exe
  • A new window should appear. Login using your previously registered forum account
  • The bot will stil talk to my authentication server to get a few outsourced parts like offsets. To authenticate fine you should compile as debug. Release version needs to be whitelisted by me and is for further versions
    • Gqglsfi.png
  • Now play around with the source. Add some Console.WriteLines, attach a debugger (while compiled in debug mode the bot will ask you at start if you'd like to attach a debugger) and have fun
  • Dont forget to launch Visual Studio as Administrator or you will have a bad time

This is not the end

I would like to extend this thread even more. It is my main goal to provide you with something you can learn from. Contact me incase you have problems or need certain parts more elaborated.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Hello, i just registered an account to thank you for your awesome work.

I just google'd for "NtVirtualQuerymemory" to implement in my 3.3.5a bot(zzuk v1 as base) and found this thread ^_^

And as small contribution from my side, you may take a look at this https://github.com/reapler/WoWDb-Manager- .

I initially created for another bot and it's for trinity. But i hope it can be useful for you or someone else.

Kind regards from germany and keep up the project & the blog

Edited by reapler
typo
1 person likes this

5 hours ago, reapler said:

Hello, i just registered an account to thank you for your awesome work.

I just google'd for "NtVirtualQuerymemory" to implement in my 3.3.5a bot(zzuk v1 as base) and found this thread ^_^

And as small contribution from my side, you may take a look at this https://github.com/reapler/WoWDb-Manager- .

I initially created for another bot and it's for trinity. But i hope it can be useful for you or someone else.

Kind regards from germany and keep up the project & the blog

Thanks a lot for the kind words! I will definetly take a look at the project and see how I can integrate it into v3.